Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapist™
"This was a professional development course second to none! The best of the best." ~ Certified SPT Graduate
This nine-month training was designed for play therapists who want to receive advanced training in Synergetic Play Therapy or who want to become Certified Synergetic Play Therapists™. For more information regarding program requirements, cost or to request an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendance at Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy™ Intensive Training with post supervision or
- Internship or Externship focused on Synergetic Play Therapy or
- Attendance at six-month Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy Class with post supervision
During the prerequisite trainings therapists explore the foundations of Synergetic Play Therapy as they begin to learn about attunement, authenticity, mindfulness, nervous system regulation and attaching to self, the cornerstone of all healing. Therapists finish these prerequisites with a deep appreciation and understanding of how play therapy really works and some of the brain science behind it. During these courses, therapists will be introduced to:
- Cutting-edge research in interpersonal neural anatomy, mindfulness, attachment and brain development.
- Attachment is a buzz word in child development. However, few theorists recognize and understand how the attachment process actually works and the importance of attaching to one’s self first and foremost.
- The importance of the therapist’s congruent emotional expression in the play room and how this is a key element of helping re-pattern a child's nervous system.
- Learn how to identify types of dys-regulation and symptoms of the nervous system, how to model regulating activities to clients, and how to translate this information to parents.
To make sure therapists are skill set ready to enter into the nine-month Certification Training, therapists will also complete the following requirements:
- Supervision (live or via webinar) from a Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor to determine readiness
- Completion of 10 session observations
- Attendance at a Synergetic Play Therapy Conference (live or via webinar) to complete the following courses: Art in Play Therapy, Sand in Play Therapy and Growing Up in Play Therapy.
"Lisa is engaging and energizing and I found her delivering of this material uniquely inspirational! I felt personally attuned to, which speaks volumes about her as a person, educator and therapist and definitely one of the best trainings I have attended in quite some time!"
"This training helped build security, confidence and trust in what I am doing with children in the play room."
"The experiential aspect of Synergetic trainings brought to life what we were learning and helped me integrate it into my own skill set. I have a deeper appreciation for the client's process, as well as my own with the permission for the shared experience."
Certified Training Program
During the Certified Training Program, participants will gain a greater understanding and knowing of the tenets of Synergetic Play Therapy™ and themselves, along with an in-depth look at the neuroscience and research behind the model. Therapists will begin to study the details of how the play therapy works and have the opportunity to fine tune their skills. They will attend (on-site) two three-day Training Retreats and (on-site or webinar) six three-hour monthly classes focusing on the following:
- Awareness, mindfulness, and attention
- Attunement and Transition
- Mirror Neurons and Neurobiology
- Regression and Non-verbal states
- Attachment Processes and biology of the Nervous System
- Working with Parents
- Adoption, Sensory and Trauma
- Biology of Emotions and Windows of Tolerance
- Narratives and Perception
- Family and Group Processes
- Goodbyes and Endings
- Working with Teens and Adults
- And more…
Participants will also participate in individual supervision each month. Video observations, additional assignments and readings will also be required in order to maximize learning and integration of the material.
"Where do I begin? This training has provided so much growth for me personally and professionally. I feel like I have a better understanding of the process and how to facilitate growth within my client and within myself. This has been a life changing experience for me." ~ Certified SPT Graduate
Please contact the Play Therapy Institute of Colorado at 720-458-9597 or email email@example.com for availability and registration instructions.