Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapist™
In order to receive a certificate in Synergetic Play Therapy,
participants must complete the following:
- Year long Advanced Synergetic Training Program
- 2 years and a minimum of 350 client contact hours using the
model (year spent in advanced training counts towards 2
- Demonstration of skill set specific to SPT
- On-going supervision during certification process
- Completion of these additional play therapy courses offered
at the Institute: Art in Play Therapy, Sand in Play Therapy,
The Art of Dying in Play Therapy, Growing Up in Play
Therapy, and Perceptions of Trauma.
Applications for this program are accepted each spring. The
program begins each September (See SPT Class Schedule 2014-2015.pdf) with a limited number of spots.
For more information regarding program requirements, cost or to
request an application, please contact the Play Therapy Institute
of Colorado directly at 720-458-9597 or visit their wesbite at
playtherapycolorado.com, or you can download SPT-Certificate Program Details.pdf in order to learn more specifics regarding the training program.