We’re so excited for this topic (…it’s definitely a hot topic) and the amazing guest that is joining Lisa. Stacy Jagger is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S), as well as an AAMFT Approved Supervisor. A native of Nashville, Stacy is the founder and clinical director of Music City Family Therapy. She is the author of 30 Day Blackout, as well as the children’s book, A Letter from Emma. She’s also a regular guest on the local NBC affiliate show “Today in Nashville” and has frequently been featured as a child expert for the local morning and evening news.
In this episode, Stacy will talk about how, for many families, the way screens (computers, phones, TV’s, etc.) are used, can become a distraction from connection or dealing with deeper issues in families, as well as a cause for much of the dysregulation that we see in kids’ nervous systems. She’ll also share ways that we can help families start to manage their screen time use and return to a new “normal” where connection and relationship is the focus.
Join Lisa and Stacy for this powerful conversation to support your child clients and their families. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The potential impact of screen time for children;
- How to assess a child and family’s screen time usage and connect to the child/family’s treatment goals;
- Ways to support families in disconnecting from screens and shifting the focus on connection back to self and family;
- What it looks like to re-calibrate a child and family’s collective nervous system through a 30-day digital detox (blackout/greyout); and
- How to artfully come back to a new normal after a blackout period.
If you’re curious and want to see if you (or your family) might benefit from a 30-Day Blackout, Take the quiz here. It’s also a great resource for your clients!
Click above, listen here on Apple Podcasts, or subscribe to the podcast here!