Lisa is joined by an incredibly important person in her life – an individual that she is excited to introduce you to (…someone outside the field of play therapy that you may not have heard of) – Jayson Gaddis is an author, podcaster, speaker, “personal trainer for relationships”, and is a global leader on interpersonal conflict and connection.
In this podcast episode, they explore conflict and how it shows up in all our relationships – the relationships we have with our clients, their parents/caregivers, and in our personal relationships.
Here’s what you’ll learn …
* The two reasons why conflict is so hard to talk about;
* A new view/understanding of conflict that you’ve likely not considered before;
* Why being overly-careful in relationships is a disservice, even in your therapeutic relationships;
* How to lean into the uncomfortable experience of conflict and embrace conflict in all relationships);
* How to recognize and start to work with your own activation (transference/countertransference) within your relationships; and
* Tips to navigate hard conversations in both personal and professional relationships (including what L.U.F.U stands for and the 3 most impactful words you can say to transform any relationship).
You’ll also hear Jayson and Lisa role play and model what these hard conversations can look and feel like – super fun!
Click above, listen here on Apple Podcasts, or subscribe to the podcast here!