Lisa’s next guest has so many amazing contributions to the field of play therapy. Terry Kottman is the founder of Adlerian Play Therapy and the League of Extraordinary Adlerian Play Therapists. She is an unbelievably fun and engaging presenter and author who teaches around the world and writes about so many different aspects of play therapy. In 2014, she was granted a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Play Therapy; in 2017, she was given a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Iowa Association for Play Therapy; and in 2020, she received a third Lifetime Achievement Award from the North American Society for Adlerian Psychology (…she seems to be collecting them).
In this episode, Terry will take you into the world of Adlerian Therapy and share how she developed Adlerian Play Therapy.
You’ll also learn:
- How to bring more of YOU into your client’s sessions;
- How to custom-design your sessions to meet your client’s unique needs;
- How to enhance your client’s insight into themselves and what it means to “spit in the client’s soup;”
- How to navigate the client’s process when phases of the therapeutic work are not discrete; and
- How to attune not just to your client, but to their entire treatment process (a meta-attunement of sorts).
Listen to the brilliant words of Terry Kottman and feel inspired and jazzed about play therapy and the work you’re doing with your clients.
Click above, listen here on Apple Podcasts, or subscribe to the podcast here!