If you’ve ever studied with Lisa, you know she loves talking about the nervous system. And in this episode, she’s going to talk about the collective nervous systems within families and how to help support the regulation of the family system.
If you’re just as excited about this topic as Lisa, you’ll definitely want to take notes for this one …
Here’s what you’ll hear …
- How nervous system expressions occur within the context of families;
- How all behavior (even what we term as dysfunctional) is actually functional and has a purpose;
- How the family system is always in balance and how it is always attempting to equilibrate itself;
- How to become the external regulator to help regulate the family nervous system; and
- How to use this information clinically to inform your therapeutic work.
Plus, learn a powerful tip that will help you shift the collective nervous system of the family unit in a most transformative way.
- LFPR 127: Embracing Conflict In Our Personal & Professional Relationships
- LFPR 126: Supporting Parents With Children With Neurodiverse & Sensory Challenges
- Nervous System 101 (short video)
- 5 Tips to Regulate Your Nervous System in Intensity (short video)
- How Trying to Be Calm Gets in the Way of Regulation (blog)
Click above, listen here on Apple Podcasts, or subscribe to the podcast here!