Lisa has another amazing guest speaker joining her – Dr. Joyce Mills to talk about StoryPlay®, an Ericksonian, resiliency-based, indirective process of Play Therapy that draws upon the natural inner resources, skills, and strengths of each child, adolescent, adult or family member to effect transformational healing, growth, and change.
Dr. Joyce C. Mills is a nationally and internationally recognized storyteller, keynote presenter, workshop leader, consultant, trauma specialist, and program developer for health-care, psychological, educational, and community organizations. Founder of StoryPlay, Dr. Mills is the recipient of the 1997 Play Therapy International Award for outstanding career contributions to the field of Play Therapy Training and Child Psychology. She is also the author and co-author of seven books including the award-winning Therapeutic Metaphors for Children and the Child Within, Sammy the Elephant and Mr. Camel, Gentle Willow, and Little Tree.
Join Lisa and Joyce in this conversation that will offer playful and serious insights on how to help children grow and heal; how to honor who the child is and create safe spaces for healing; and how, through Joyce’s own personal story of raising a son with cerebral palsy, she found a path to help parents and caregivers who were struggling.
Plus you’ll learn …
- How to identify, access, and utilize the inner resources, skills, and gifts within our clients as invaluable gems to move beyond diagnosis;
- How to recognize a parent or caregiver’s struggle;
- The importance of resilience which is what StoryPlay is all about;
- The difference between directive and indirective play therapy models;
- The essential elements of the StoryPlay model;
- How to use the Therapeutic Metaphors process to effect transformational change.
Listen and discover Joyce’s natural ability to tell stories and how stories are the medicine of the soul! She’s a true gift to our field
Click above, listen here on Apple Podcasts, or subscribe to the podcast here!